Better Hope Addiction Recovery – Call (757) 505-7102 and Get Help Today in the Chesapeake, VA Area!
For over a decade, we have been helping men and women in the Chesapeake, VA area overcome addiction to drugs and alcohol. Hosting an intervention is one of the most effective solutions to spur an addict into rehab (rehabilitation treatment programs). If you’re worried about somebody in your life, who’s considerably metamorphosed due to drug and/or alcohol dependency, our treatment may be the right place to begin helping them. Watching an addict wage war with addiction can be a soul-crushing process, particularly if you’re a close family member. You may be asking, “How can I help my loved one get healthy again?” and “What should I do to get my friend drug free?” Although you are deeply-rooted and connected with your family member or friend, you are tired of making excuses for his or her addiction, upset about getting used or fed up with acquaintances who feed off of the addict with codependent behavior. You can’t be afraid to step in: self-doubt shouldn’t stop you from taking action. Contact the professionals today at (757) 505-7102 for more information about interventions and how to start one.
What Is an Intervention?
An intervention can be as unassuming as asking the person to quit their behavior or could be an extremely well-planned event that pushes an addict to go to rehab for their drug problems. Family members, loved ones, clergy, teachers, or other individuals concerned about the addict, everyone must gather together to confront the addict. Concerns over the effects of their drug abuse will force the user to seek treatment for their drug and/or alcohol dependency. Usually the addict will not realize there’s a drug problem, or can be in denial regarding their addiction. In most situations they’ll be stubborn and unwilling to get help; however, the objective of Recovery addiction intervention is unwavering and will provide the addict with a chance to live life cleanly and permanently substance-free. During an intervention it is important to discuss:
- unequivocal examples of dangerous drug behavior and how it has wrecked the addict and their loved ones
- the treatment plan along with goals and guidelines that the addict will comply with
- what each member of the intervention will retaliate with if the addict doesn’t go to a rehab or treatment program
The four different sorts of interventions are simple, crisis, classical, and family system:
- A simple intervention is just ‘simply’ requesting that someone quits their self-destructive habit. Before other, more nuanced intervention techniques are tried: a simple intervention must be initiated.
- Getting a particular person to agree to enter treatment in that focal point of a classical intervention.
- In a family system intervention, the entire family must change their destructive behaviors. When dealing with situations of substance addiction and domestic violence, socially dysfunctional environments fuel worse habits.
- In dangerous, risky situations, such as reckless driving, domestic abuse, or extreme addiction, it’s best to use a crisis intervention.
What’s the Difference between an Intervention and Rehab?
There’s one distinct difference between an intervention and rehab, but both are necessary for drug recovery. Intervention Services Program Chesapeake, VA considers intervention a starting point whereby family and friends persuade the afflicted family member, friend, or loved one to enroll in a rehab treatment facility so that he or she can beat substance abuse. An intervention is not rehab, and may not be powerful enough to make an addict quit using drugs or alcohol. At rehabilitation centers like our rehab program center, the addict is educated about the illness of addiction, effective methods to sustain long term recovery, and what causes their drug use. For the best results, we recommend that an addict is galvanized into a go-to treatment straight away after their intervention.
For Immediate Assistance, Contact Us Today As Soon As Possible!
Watching a family member losing their battle with dependency is disconcerting and upsetting. Interventions are usually extremely-organized meetings involving the joint effort of family and friends. To talk to an interventionist, secure a treatment facility, or learn about addiction in general, contact our treatment center in the Chesapeake, VA area, and call (757) 505-7102 now to the support addicts so desperately require!