Abuse of drugs and alcohol affects every aspect of people’s lives and worst, it even causes death. Following are some facts and statistics about alcohol and drug abuse.
Alcohol and drug facts and statistics:
- Each year, more than 17,000 motor vehicle crashes are alcohol-related.
- Drunk driving causes death every 30 minutes.
- In 2009, 10.5 million Americans are reported driving under the influence of alcohol
- 1 out of 3 Americans were involved in alcohol-related driving.
- In the year 2009, more than 18% of drivers are proven to be positive in drugs.
If you think that you have a drug and alcohol addiction problem, do not hesitate to seek help. Highly qualified rehabilitation centers like Better Hope Addiction Recovery can help.